Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2018, 11:11 AM   #11
Member
Wild Skies
PGCA Member
 
Greg Baehman's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,549
Thanks: 600
Thanked 1,898 Times in 554 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
Well--in all honesty---I glanced too quickly at the original posting and did not realize it was a factory choke tube gun. Yes--at the opening price--I would consider the gun a good buy. There are some nicks in the wood, but overall the gun is nice. They used Win-chokes and back in this era, all barrels with choke tubes had to be enlarged/expanded at the muzzle to use them. Since there is NO reserve--pop a bid on and you may get lucky. I expect there will be lurkers who show up in the last hour of the auction. Good luck. BD
Finally . . . logic has been added to this thread!

A Parker Reproduction Sporting Clays Classic is my nominee for the most versatile Parker on the planet. 3" chambers, chrome lined bores and choke tubes with the capability of shooting virtually any 12-ga. load offered today -- all in one gun, makes it so. Add in the fact that there were reportedly only 125 SCCs produced, makes this particular model (dare I say?) rare and collectible.
__________________
Wild Skies
Since 1951
Greg Baehman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post:
Old 08-29-2018, 09:39 PM   #12
Member
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 619
Thanks: 2,336
Thanked 565 Times in 197 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Baehman View Post
Finally . . . logic has been added to this thread!

A Parker Reproduction Sporting Clays Classic is my nominee for the most versatile Parker on the planet. 3" chambers, chrome lined bores and choke tubes with the capability of shooting virtually any 12-ga. load offered today -- all in one gun, makes it so. Add in the fact that there were reportedly only 125 SCCs produced, makes this particular model (dare I say?) rare and collectible.
I've looked the auction information & gun over for details. I see no where the seller states this one is a SCC & the poor pictures don't let me see any specific marking to verify it as being a SCC. I do assume that because of the win-chokes that it probably is one, but I would request better pictures of the gun to see if there is any markings to suggest it is a true SCC. I do see the choke stampings on the barrels and though the pictures are fuzzy, I think they indicate the interchangeable choke tubes.

Greg, I think you might have the SCC mixed up with the steel shot special. This gun is clearly marked for 2 3/4" chambers the SSS would have the 3" chambers and fit your description of the overall most versatile Parker Repro.
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:10 PM   #13
Member
Victor Wasylyna
PGCA Lifetime
Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 183
Thanks: 240
Thanked 309 Times in 90 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ehlers View Post
I do see the choke stampings on the barrels and though the pictures are fuzzy, I think they indicate the interchangeable choke tubes.
The “ISC” on the barrel flats tells us that this indeed is a Sporting Clays Classic. (“internal Screw Chokes.”) I own one. Use it weekly. Love it.

-Victor
Victor Wasylyna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Victor Wasylyna For Your Post:
Old 08-29-2018, 10:19 PM   #14
Member
MD*GSP
PGCA Member
 
Scot Cardillo's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 493
Thanks: 830
Thanked 453 Times in 166 Posts

Default

Victor - does your SCC have 3" chambers?

Paul - to your point..I, too am surprised the seller doesn't seem to highlight the fact it is indeed a bonafide SCC..maybe the seller doesn't fully realize, or appreciate, what he/she is offering. Who knows?
Scot Cardillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:21 PM   #15
Member
Victor Wasylyna
PGCA Lifetime
Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 183
Thanks: 240
Thanked 309 Times in 90 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Baehman View Post
Finally . . . logic has been added to this thread!

A Parker Reproduction Sporting Clays Classic is my nominee for the most versatile Parker on the planet. 3" chambers, chrome lined bores and choke tubes with the capability of shooting virtually any 12-ga. load offered today -- all in one gun, makes it so. Add in the fact that there were reportedly only 125 SCCs produced, makes this particular model (dare I say?) rare and collectible.
Maybe it’s a 1980’s thing, but where are the 30+ inch barrels? I love my 28 inch SCC, but longer barrels would make the love more like momma’s love.

-Victor
Victor Wasylyna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Victor Wasylyna For Your Post:
Old 08-29-2018, 10:23 PM   #16
Member
Victor Wasylyna
PGCA Lifetime
Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 183
Thanks: 240
Thanked 309 Times in 90 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot Cardillo View Post
Victor - does your SCC have 3" chambers?
Yes, there are threads on this. Perhaps even one started by me when I first purchased my SCC.

I think they all have 3 inch chambers, even though marked 2 3/4.

-Victor
Victor Wasylyna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Victor Wasylyna For Your Post:
Old 08-29-2018, 10:32 PM   #17
Member
MD*GSP
PGCA Member
 
Scot Cardillo's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 493
Thanks: 830
Thanked 453 Times in 166 Posts

Default

For my own selfish reasons I would by all means proclaim the Steel Shot Special as the mac-daddy of all 12ga Repro's! However, Gregs assertion the SCC is the most versatile of all offerings, simply cannot be challenged.
Scot Cardillo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Cardillo For Your Post:
Old 08-29-2018, 10:35 PM   #18
Member
Victor Wasylyna
PGCA Lifetime
Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 183
Thanks: 240
Thanked 309 Times in 90 Posts

Default

In my opinion, this gun is a steal anywhere near the opening bid price. Buy It Now price is fair retail. I hope someone here pulls the trigger.

-Victor
Victor Wasylyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:14 PM   #19
Member
Wild Skies
PGCA Member
 
Greg Baehman's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,549
Thanks: 600
Thanked 1,898 Times in 554 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Wasylyna View Post
In my opinion, this gun is a steal anywhere near the opening bid price. Buy It Now price is fair retail. I hope someone here pulls the trigger.

-Victor
Bingo! Personally, I wouldn't consider selling either of my SCCs for multiples of the opening bid price.

Paul, Victor has alluded to the fact of the subject gun being stamped "ISC", this stamping positively identifies the gun as a Sporting Clays Classic model. Victor also mentioned there being several posts on this forum about the SCCs chamber length. I have personally measured more than a handful of SCCs -- all of them measured 3" despite each and and every one of them stamped 2 3/4". Other owners of SCCs that actually measured their gun's chamber length have, too; reported them having 3" -- again, all were stamped as having 2 3/4" chambers.

Scot, I recall our little discussion we had where you made a pretty good argument concerning the versatility of your 20/16 bi-gauge set. Now you're promoting your pair of unfired SSSs as the mac-daddy of Repros. I guess I can't blame you, as I'd be pretty proud of them, too. I'm sure you remember that I owned an unfired SSS, too; but ended up selling it because my SCCs did everything the SSS could do, but with even more versatility.
__________________
Wild Skies
Since 1951
Greg Baehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:41 PM   #20
Member
MD*GSP
PGCA Member
 
Scot Cardillo's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 493
Thanks: 830
Thanked 453 Times in 166 Posts

Default

To be clear, in my personal opinion, the 20/16 offering is what I consider to be the most desirable of all Repro’s followed by the 28ga offerings. For me, the 16 pretty much does it all & the 20’s not that far behind. (I’m not a waterfowler or Turkey hunter) But, as a matter of true versatility - how does one beat the SCC? Woodcock in the am, quail in the afternoon, Pheasant in the evening and ducks the next morning - all with one gun; the SCC.

If you review my comment you’ll take note I touted the SSS as the mac-daddy of 12ga Repro’s.
Scot Cardillo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Cardillo For Your Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2018, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.