Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-27-2023, 03:59 PM   #11
Member
Steiner
PGCA Lifetime
Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 753
Thanks: 5,930
Thanked 2,071 Times in 468 Posts

Default

I tried to buy his 28 repro but got distracted by the grandkids at the moment of truth and a dealer beat me out. Looked like an interesting gun as part of a special run of 100.
Dan Steingraber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2023, 06:04 PM   #12
Member
Keith Sirmans
PGCA Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 379
Thanks: 514
Thanked 211 Times in 129 Posts

Default

Great gun!
__________________
"I shall pass this way but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."
Keith Sirmans is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith Sirmans For Your Post:
Unread 11-28-2023, 09:28 AM   #13
Member
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime
Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,762
Thanks: 15,552
Thanked 8,866 Times in 2,675 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarspencer View Post
I actually remember when Richard posted a picture of him standing up on the seat gun pointed 'down and in'. My first reaction was "WTF", until I read the accompanying description. While it bordered on 'TMI' (Too Much Information), it was Richard, and it was hysterical.
Let me guess. It's winter. It's COLD! It's Alaska. "$#itter's full Clark." and he was solving a frozen problem. Pretty much sum it up?
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 11-28-2023, 09:29 AM   #14
Member
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime
Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,762
Thanks: 15,552
Thanked 8,866 Times in 2,675 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Hoover View Post
Here we go guys, make sure you clean that gun real well when you receive this Famous Parker Outhouse Gun
Could you see this photo as a Parker Pages cover!!!!
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 11-28-2023, 09:52 AM   #15
Member
Stan Hoover
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Stan Hoover's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 900
Thanks: 2,178
Thanked 2,296 Times in 629 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Koneski View Post
Could you see this photo as a Parker Pages cover!!!!
Why not Mike,

It is the stuff of Legends
Stan Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stan Hoover For Your Post:
Unread 11-28-2023, 11:49 AM   #16
Member
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 773
Thanks: 56
Thanked 1,066 Times in 407 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Steingraber View Post
I tried to buy his 28 repro but got distracted by the grandkids at the moment of truth and a dealer beat me out. Looked like an interesting gun as part of a special run of 100.
I bid on that gun early but at the end decided to not try for it. I have completely broken any budget I might have in the last month.

I wondered if that was actually number 1 of 100. I have seen several series guns like that over the years and a lot of times they never sell out. I found 3 or 4 that had sold over the last 5 or 6 years and don't believe any had a number higher than the 20's. Conversely, I can't imagine that the company would sell a special model on demand. It is very possible that they had a deal, presold them and then ordered to cover the sales. It would be interesting to know a little more about the series.
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Shaffer For Your Post:
Unread 11-28-2023, 11:56 AM   #17
Member
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 773
Thanks: 56
Thanked 1,066 Times in 407 Posts

Default

Double post.
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2023, 12:05 PM   #18
Member
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
CraigThompson's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8,532
Thanks: 5,551
Thanked 7,528 Times in 3,402 Posts

Default

I was kinda intrested in the hammer 10 but already having one identical to it I wasnít gonna go anywhere near the final price .
__________________
Parkerís , 6.5mmís , Mannlicher Schoenauerís and my family in the Philippines !
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2023, 12:09 PM   #19
Member
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
CraigThompson's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8,532
Thanks: 5,551
Thanked 7,528 Times in 3,402 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Shaffer View Post
I bid on that gun early but at the end decided to not try for it. I have completely broken any budget I might have in the last month.

I wondered if that was actually number 1 of 100. I have seen several series guns like that over the years and a lot of times they never sell out. I found 3 or 4 that had sold over the last 5 or 6 years and don't believe any had a number higher than the 20's. Conversely, I can't imagine that the company would sell a special model on demand. It is very possible that they had a deal, presold them and then ordered to cover the sales. It would be interesting to know a little more about the series.
Art I just may make history in 2023 ! Iíve not bought ANYTHING (gun wise)this year with intentions of keeping . Did buy a couple boat anchors and rolled them over for a few dimes profit so I donít count them . About all Iíve bought anywhere near remotely pricey was a almost full box of period 8 gauge buckshot and a 1937 Parker catalog .
__________________
Parkerís , 6.5mmís , Mannlicher Schoenauerís and my family in the Philippines !
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2023, 08:16 AM   #20
Member
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime
Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,762
Thanks: 15,552
Thanked 8,866 Times in 2,675 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
Art I just may make history in 2023 ! Iíve not bought ANYTHING (gun wise)this year with intentions of keeping . Did buy a couple boat anchors and rolled them over for a few dimes profit so I donít count them . About all Iíve bought anywhere near remotely pricey was a almost full box of period 8 gauge buckshot and a 1937 Parker catalog .
Who are you and what have you done with Craig?
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2024, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.